#What is OCD?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health problem that causes repeated thoughts or obsessions that generates an urge to do something over and over again.
Thinking negative thoughts or biting your nails all the time are not the habits of OCD. An example of Obsession is thinking that some number or colours are “good” or “bad”. An example of compulsive habit is when you wash your hand many times after touching anything that could be dirty. You feel powerless to stop the thoughts or don’t want to do things, but you can’t stop yourself.
No one should neglect OCD problems, because it can affect your life in many ways if not timely treated.
The best psychiatrist of Jaipur for the treatment of OCD is Doctor Sanjay Jain. He tops the list of best psychiatrist of Jaipur of 2020 by Threebestrated.com.
#Why choose Sanjay Jain for OCD Treatment
- Experience of more than 14 years as a psychiatrist
- Tops the list of the best psychiatrist of Jaipur of 2020 by Threebestrated.com
- Part of more than 15 international research projects held on various psychiatric disorders
- Member of Rajasthan medical council
- Highest rated psychiatrist of Jaipur on google
- Trainer for psychiatrists in India for various rating scales
- He also published papers in Indian journal of research
We have so many thoughts and habits that we repeat many times. The thoughts and actions people with OCD have are:
- Aren’t enjoyable
- Which are beyond your control
- Take up at least an hour a day
- Interfere with your social life, work and normal day to day activities
#Types and Symptoms of OCD
There are many forms of OCD but, The four major general categories of OCD are:
- Checking: checking alarm systems, locks, electronics, switches, or thinking like you are ill.
- Contamination: when you have a fear of things or places that can be dirty or compulsion to clean.
- Symmetry and order: when you try to line all things in a certain way, it’s like a need for you.
- Ruminations and intrusive thoughts: when you have too many thoughts in your mind and some of them can be disturbing.
#Compulsions and Obsessions
People with OCD know that their habits and thoughts don’t make any sense at all. People don’t do these things because they enjoy them but because they can’t quit. They start them again if they stop it because they feel sad.
#Obsessive Thoughts Are:
- People with obsessions worry a lot about themselves and other people getting hurt
- They are constantly aware of breathing, blinking or other sensations of the body
- They lose faith in their partner without any reason
#Compulsive Habits Are:
- People with compulsive disorder tries to do things in a specific order every time
- They try to count things like bottles, steps, etc.
- They have fear of using public toilets, shaking hands or touching doorknobs
If you feel any of these symptoms in you or your family member then you should visit a psychiatrist for counselling and treatment. Because the symptoms of OCD can get worse from time to time if not get treated on time.
They can affect your life in many ways like they will waste a lot of your time, to try to do things that are not important, your relationship with others or your partner, and it can affect your mind. You should visit the best psychiatrist for the treatment.
If you are from Jaipur or nearby places and want treatment for OCD problems then you should visit the best psychiatrist of Jaipur that is Doctor Sanjay Jain. He provides the best treatment of OCD in Jaipur. He has been working as a psychiatrist for the past 14 years.
Psychiatrist Sanjay Jain is very much passionate about psychiatry, it’s always been his dream branch. His final goal is to heal the minds of people so that they can achieve optimal well being and can bring out the maximum potential of them. He spreads awareness between people about mental health problems, so that every person can get timely treatment and they don’t have to suffer from it.
#OCD Causes and Risk Factors
No one exactly knows why some people have OCD. The symptoms can get worse by stress. It’s more common in women than in men. Symptoms also appear in teens and young adults.
Risk factors of OCD include:
- If your parents, siblings, or child have OCD then you have higher chances of getting it.
- Depression, anxiety, or tics
- Experience of trauma
- Physical differences in some parts of your brain
- A history of physical or sexual abuse as a child
Streptococcal infection can also cause OCD in children. This disorder is called pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders and it’s associated with streptococcal infections.
OCD problems are treatable and if you are suffering from it then, you should visit the best psychiatrist for the treatment. In Jaipur, the best psychiatrist of Jaipur is Sanjay Jain. He provides treatment of all kinds of mental health problems like depression, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, headache/migraine, old age psychiatry, etc.
#When to visit Psychiatrist Sanjay Jain
Having excessive worry about problems in your life, having thoughts like cleaning things over and over or to arrange things in a specific way. But OCD can get worse than that.
If the symptoms of obsessions and compulsions are affecting your daily life routine or quality of your life then you must visit Psychiatrist Sanjay Jain.
obsessive-compulsive disorder diagnosis steps are:
- Psychological evaluation
- Diagnostic criteria for OCD
- Physical exam
#Treatment of OCD
There is no fixed cure of OCD. But you should know how to manage your symptoms that are affecting your life.
- Psychotherapy: Therapies are the best way to treat OCD. cognitive behavioural therapy can help in changing your thinking pattern. In this, your doctor will put you in a situation that will create anxiety in you.so that you can learn to lessen and to stop your symptoms of OCD.
- Relaxation: Doing yoga, meditation, massage can help you with OCD symptoms
- Medication: The symptoms can be controlled with psychiatric drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Common medications are citalopram. Escitalopran, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine and sertraline. Your doctor might give you antipsychotic drugs like aripiprazole or risperidone if you still have symptoms.
- Neuromodulation: If the medication and therapies don’t work properly then the doctor will talk about devices that change the electrical activities in certain areas of your brain.
If you want treatment for OCD then you must visit Psychiatrist Sanjay Jain. He is the Best Psychiatrist of Jaipur. When it comes to treating OCD problems with medication and therapies, he is the best option for you.
Along with medication and therapies, he also uses other options of treatment like psycho-education, lifestyle changes, etc for the treatment. He empowers his patients to be a part of the decision making process regarding the type of treatment they are more comfortable with.
There are not any fixed ways to prevent Obsessive-compulsive disorder. But if you get treatment on time then, you can prevent OCD from getting worse and disrupting your daily life routine.